“When are you going to open?”
We were asked that question about… a bazillion times.
Trust us, we are very thankful that people wanted to know. Humbled in fact.
And we realized that we had been working hard and teasing our prospective customers for a while, but… 102-year old buildings in major disrepair took a LOT of time to make right, especially when we self-perform almost all of the labor.
We sincerely thank everyone for their patience and we are confident that folks will think it is worth the wait once they experience Friendship.
Below is a rough synopsis of the odyssey we’ve traversed…
- Five 40-yard constructions dumpsters of debris removed.
- Three tandem-axle loads of metal scrap removed.
- 3,800sf of new roof installed.
- 2,000sf of original roof metal repurposed.
- Six new doors installed.
- 18 new or renovated windows installed.
- 400sf of concrete floor jack hammered and removed.
- 2,500sf+ of interior concrete installed and stained with floor drains.
- 2,000sf+ of exterior concrete installed.
- 15 tons of new HVAC, 150′ of ducting.
- 600 amps of new electric.
- New water line, new fire suppression line, sprinkler system.
- New sewer line and all interior and exterior plumbing.
- Approximately one barge load each of paint and caulk.
- A brewing system!
Well, you get the idea.
We have included a myriad of photographs detailing some of the literal blood, sweat, and tears that we’ve experienced along the way, take a little tour back in time with us if you wish. More importantly, come and enjoy the fruits (grains?) of our labor with us and we can chat about it all over a beer or two.
Thanks again for everyone’s patience and support, we have been inspired by our old friends, new friends, and brew friends!